Color My World

|


Inside the Lines
Katie has been coloring since she was like 10 months old, now on the verge of her 4th birthday she has really mastered the art of coloring inside the lines. It's the small things like this that really show me how much she is growing up and super fast too. Next thing you know she will be driving...

Today was an ordinary day at work except for the snow which wasn't bad it was just annoying. It was so light & dusty which combined with the strong winds we have been having it created very thick fog like conditions. Fridays are Chachi & Katie days, he has off so he keeps her home and they seem to have a good time together. Around 1500 Chachi had a volunteer function he had to attend so he dropped Katie off at work with me, which I always love having her there with me. She was doing great & entertaining the troops like always. She even called a few of my boss' fat when they asked for one of her cookies (they spoil her with treats when she comes in)

I was just about to leave work when someone told me that one of my troops failed yet another dorm inspection. Now when I say failed I don't mean there was some dust here and there, I mean failed. Like I would be scared for my health to go into his room. The sad part is this is like the 5th time he has failed this monumentally and I had just asked him the other day if he was keeping his room maintained, and he lied straight to my face. I was furious!!! Katie had to be watched by some of the guys in the shop while I sat in on his counseling sessions but honestly there is nothing we can do for this kid. At 22 years old I call him a kid because he can't take care of himself apparently. So disappointed and grossed out by people like that. I was tempted to call his mother!

Tonight was Pizza night in the Roper house, which we love!! Technically we were able to have dinner together last night just later. Katie has been doing really good at meal time, still talking our ears off and eating her entire meals. Right now I am working on remastering some pictures, Katie is lying on the floor beside me coloring and Lucy is at my feet, Lucy is always at my feet. I don't understand it but she will not leave my side, she is such a mommy's girl!! This weekend is all about the house for me, I just want to tend to it and get some things set up. Next weekend is my birthday & my mom is coming down, I am really excited we have a whole day of me planned!!

Katie impressed me by knowing all the words to a real song. It is Paramore's "That's what you get" as it plays she recites each word in her cute little voice! I love my little girl!!

Here is your Katie quote of the day:
"Mommy your work is no fun, we can't show our butts"

0 comments:

Post a Comment