Life Marches On

|

Military Mama
Yes I know what I signed up for, I was there. I do not need reminders. Just because you know something is coming doesn't make it any easier to deal with. All of this is just really bad timing. I love the benefits of the military & I have an option to get out right now but I won't, this is what is best for my family. Am I sad? Yes! Will I survive & excel at the challenges ahead of me? Damn straight!!

So of course today pretty much sucked! First I was notified that I had to PT test next week which of course I cannot do so I had to go to another agency to show them my medical profile so they could put me on another profile to exempt me from the test. Then I have to sit through the most annoying training session ever full of people that cannot public speak. One guy would actually shut his eyes for long periods of time while he was up there talking to us and another girl that said UM at least 15 times in one phrase. Then there were non stop question askers that could have waited until the whole thing was done to do that. Once that crap was over I walk out just in time to find out that my husband will probably have to report to Iraq right on the scheduled due date of our baby...GREAT!!

We are still waiting to hear but it really does not look good. I am very upset that Justin might miss out on Ryan, he already missed out on Kaiden and this is our last child. I am allowed to be upset. Everyone keeps saying this is the military life you know this which of course I know but does that mean I am suppose to show no emotion of my husband missing such an important event? The two people I am worried about the most are Alexis & Ryan. Alexis starts kindergarten this upcoming year and can only come out in the summer, I don't want her to miss seeing her daddy and Ryan should be able to meet his daddy before he leaves. I have rights to be upset!! There is an out and they are trying very hard to get it for him, which I appreciate. We are not ones to back down from our responsibilities, we might not be super excited but we go, do our best and make it through. He will gladly go in September, missing every holiday, those events will happen again, this one will not. I just hope if he does go we can get some time off for Christmas to get the kids to Louisiana or something, we cannot go two years without being with them, it is not fair to any of us.

On top of all of this Justin is still at work, not waiting on the official word if he is going or not but doing some job that apparently the night shift can't finish like he did so many times for the day shift while working nights. So dinner is running late, I really want to wait but Katie is getting hungry. We have had dinner together every night this week, I would hate for today to be any different. Plus I really felt like cooking up something special but now it will have to be something quick & easy to get Katie to bed on time. Oh well, it has been that kind of day.

Apparently that "snowicane" and 8/9 inches we were suppose to get today was a big lie! Finally!! I am so sick of the snow, and that is a weird thing coming from me because I love it so freaking much!! I am actually ready for spring time.

Well that was my unpleasant day, I can only hope that tomorrow is better. I will hold him just a little tighter and a little closer, enjoying every moment we have together. That is all I can do!

Katie quote of the day:
(talking to my belly) "Baby Ryan your big sister has fingernails."

0 comments:

Post a Comment