Hungry Like The Wolf

|


Lots O' Meat

This is what $500 in meat looks like. We buy our meat from a wholesale dealer & get a great deal and awesome cuts of meat. This will most likely last us through the summer grilling season. The only real problem it causes is there is no more room in my freezer for anything else.

Today should have been a horrible day but I pushed through & refused let it. The military has so many perks and I need to remember that and not let it get to me like it does. I am just tired of working in this "Do as I say not as I do" attitude and separate standards. The only problem is this time I have no out, I am here for the rest of my career except for a deployment here or there so I just have to wait out some of these people leaving and pushing through. Prove them all wrong and not let them get to me. I am not going to let them ruin my days and make me dread going to work. I work hard no matter what they think.

I was tested a lot today, because when I got home Lucy had decided to go on a rampage. She dug through the kitty litter so much that she actually moved the box around the kitchen with her head. Then on top of that she pulled down a couch cushion off our not only a week old couch, bit a hole in it & peed on it. Luckily the tear was in a place that could not be seen when on the couch & my magic steam cleaner fixed the rest. Needless to say she has been in the kennel the rest of the night & I am highly considering muzzles for both of them when we are not around them. I feel so bad about doing it but what other options are there? I have bones and toys for them to chew on, there is no reason they should be doing this. I will do some more reading on it but it looks like a solution for now, either that or kennels all day. Plus I have to keep Aeva from chewing her cast, which she gets replaced tomorrow. Can't wait to see how much that is going cost.


As always my family improved everything. We came together and cleaned up the house. I have been so impressed & appreciative of what Chachi has stepped up to do. Things are really coming together in the house. There is still so much to do but we have been sidetracked by so many unexpected bills, some for fun stuff & some for stuff like Aeva's leg. I cannot wait until our tax refund gets processed but it is going to take like 2 months & then mailed! I am so scared Ryan is going to come early and the tax return won't be here. I need to get the kid's rooms all done before they come up here for the summer, Katie's room isn't even done yet. Hopefully we can finish the painting this weekend & get her some furniture. It really helps that we have a truck now.

I wrapped up the evening by making an off the cuff dinner that turned out so good for being so last minute. I made onion bagel burgers with green beans fries. It was a big hit!! Katie ate all of her "crabby patty" which always makes me happy.

Keep your head high no matter what people throw at you & the Katie quote of the day will always make you smile!!

(Wally is sick & can't meow)
"Wally can't find his voice. I will help him find it, it is out in the snow."

0 comments:

Post a Comment